|Teenagers Leaning on Util...
Teens, Youth and Their Issues
- A Mother Speaks Out -- by Leslie Sadasivan. "For 2 years prior to his death the change in Robbie from a happy fun loving child to a reclusive moody teenager had
profoundly affected our family. I initially dismissed his change in behavior as typical of being an adolescent. Little
did I realize what the future held."
- Assertiveness - Analysis and Development -- Assertiveness in communication and social relationships involves openness, honesty, and firmness, all with appropriateness and flexibility. The assertive person is confident in a relaxed way, as well as free and spontaneous in social situations.
- Loneliness -- Feeling lonely at times is very human.
But, some of us may have internalized the false view that to be happy is to be surrounded by others at all times, regardless of how we may feel in their company.
- Sex Under the Influence -- Get the facts from the Counseling Services at Kansas State University.
- Stressed out Over Studying? -- On online self help pamplet from the Counseling Services at Kansas State University.
Taking The Bully By The Horns -- By Kathy Noll and Dr. Jay Carter. On helping kids deal with bullies, self-esteem and youth violence.
Where to Start When You Need Help
Suicide Prevention Resources
Drop A Line
Tell Someone You Care
Send a Free E-Card
Copyright © 1994 - 2006 Regina Pickett Garson
All writings, graphics and scripts are copyright by the individual authors. Nothing on this site may be reproduced without permission of the individual authors.
No claims are made as to the reliability of any of the information provided or linked, sources often disagree. None of these pages are meant to be a replacement for professional help, but a resource that enables one to be a more intelligent consumer. You can learn a lot by becoming aware of different opinions. Don't be afraid to ask questions when it comes to your health, physical or emotional.